Who is it for?
- CAP provides support to families over the phone or you can arrange to see us at our base in Dublin or Portlaoise
Services for Families:
- Advice on what to do when your loved one has been arrested
- Support during the court process
- Pre-sentence advice and support
- Support on dealing with the reaction of others
- Consideration and support to decide what and how to tell children
- Advice, information, and support for parent-child separation
- Advice and support on how to stay safe
What to expect?
- Our family support service is a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space where the practical and emotional aspects of having a loved one in prison can be shared.
- Having a loved one in prison is hard, but CAP is a safe space to share your feelings.
- Our experienced team will advise you about the prison system and your entitlements as a loved one affected by imprisonment. We are here to support and guide you.
- How do I book an appointment? No appointment is necessary – we are open Monday to Friday 10-4pm (closed lunch 1-2) You can also phone, write or email us
Whom will I be working with?
One of our trustworthy support workers will be assigned to you. You will always communicate with the same support worker.